Peter Kourkouvis focuses his practice on commercial real estate law. He represents clients in the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of commercial properties, as well as corporate matters.
Peter received his Juris Doctor in 2019 from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010. In law school, Peter served as a law clerk in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office-Real Estate Tax Department and as an intern in the legal department of a Chicago bank.
Prior to law school, Peter worked in the legal department of the Cook County Treasurer’s Office, helping taxpayers resolve their property tax matters and assisting in the administration of the annual and scavenger tax sales of delinquent property taxes. He has also worked for a Chicago-based general contractor and spent a year teaching English in France.
- Commercial Lending
- Real Estate
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2019
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 2010
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Hellenic American Leadership Council, Leadership 2030 Fellow
- Chicago Bar Association
- You’re Blocked! Should Public Officials Be Allowed to Stifle Speech on Social Media?, U. Ill. J.L. Tech. & Pol’y Timely Tech (April 22, 2019)
- Ward F. McDonald Scholarship Recipient, achievement in Real Estate Law
- CALI Award Recipient, Real Estate Finance and Real Estate Development
- University of Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & Policy, Articles Editor, 2018-2019
- Federal Bar Association, Thurgood Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competitor, 2018