Darryl P. Jacobs has more than twenty years of experience in tax and corporate law. His practice focuses on international, state and federal tax matters, with a primary concentration on tax credit financing transactions. Darryl regularly counsels developers, investors, syndicators, and lenders on New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Credits, Rehabilitation Credits, Low-Income Housing Credits and preservation easements. Additionally, Darryl is frequently featured as a speaker at local and national tax conferences.
His corporate experience includes mergers and acquisitions, complex corporate transactions and private placements. Mr. Jacobs is also adept in the structuring of joint ventures, limited liability companies, and partnerships. Darryl was formerly a partner at Sachnoff & Weaver and Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC.
- Real Estate
- Tax Credits
- Harvard Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 1988
- University of Illinois, B.S., University Honors, 1985
- American Bar Association
- New Markets Tax Credit Coalition
- Winner of the Elijah Watts Sells Award (awarded to top 5% of CPA exam finishers)
- Named as a Leading Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Network
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives, an Illinois Non-Profit Corporation, Board Member
- Anshe Tikvah, an Illinois Non-Profit Corporation, Board Member