Darryl P. Jacobs, co-founder of our firm, has more than thirty years of experience in tax and corporate law. His practice focuses on international, state and federal tax matters, with a primary concentration on tax credit financing transactions. Darryl regularly counsels developers, investors, syndicators and lenders on New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Credits, Rehabilitation Credits, Low-Income Housing Credits and preservation easements. Darryl is a certified public accountant and is frequently featured as a speaker at local and national tax conferences.
His corporate experience includes mergers and acquisitions, complex corporate transactions and private placements. Darryl is also adept in the structuring of joint ventures, limited liability companies and partnerships. Darryl also sits on the boards of two nonprofit corporations: Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives and Anshe Tikvah.
- Private Equity & Joint Ventures
- Tax Credits & Opportunity Zones
- Harvard Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 1988
- University of Illinois, B.S., University Honors, 1985
- Historic Tax Credit Coalition
- New Markets Tax Credit Coalition
- Winner of the Elijah Watts Sells Award (awarded to top 5% of CPA exam finishers)
- Named as a Leading Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Network
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives, an Illinois Non-Profit Corporation, Board Member
- Anshe Tikvah, an Illinois Non-Profit Corporation, Board Member