Ginsberg Jacobs provides a full range of finance-related services to financial institutions, finance companies, equity sponsors, and real estate investors. Our Commercial Finance group represents borrowers and lenders in a wide range of real estate and non-real estate financings and restructurings. We represent clients across the gambit of financial transactions, from relationship-based, middle market transactions to large, complex, multi-lender transactions.
Drawing upon many of our attorneys’ prior in-house experience with institutional lenders and investors, we are better able to advise clients on initial structuring and servicing issues through the life of the facility. We also leverage our experience with distressed loan transactions to advise clients of potential concerns and practical risk-mitigation.
- Structure and negotiation of term, construction, bridge, and mezzanine financing for all types of real property, including hospitality, retail, office, multifamily, industrial/logistics, and mixed use
- Initial syndications and post-closing buy-ins
- Mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, and intercreditor issues and negotiations
- Transactions involving non-performing or distressed assets, including forbearance arrangements, deed in lieu transfers, restructurings, UCC sales, foreclosures and receiverships
- Insolvency and bankruptcy actions
- Sale of distressed debt and Other Real Estate Owned (OREO)
- Structure and negotiation of both direct and brokered loan sale transactions, including portfolio sales