Matthew J. O’Connor has a decade of experience in a comprehensive variety of transactional matters including corporate mergers and acquisitions, private placement offerings, equity investments, fund formations, large-scale corporate restructuring, purchases and sales of real estate, real estate financing, corporate structuring and governance, and the negotiation and documentation of general commercial agreements. Matthew has often served in an outside general counsel capacity for clients that do not have a dedicated in-house attorney.
In late 2019 and early 2020, Matthew helped represent a purchaser in its purchase of the assets of a nationwide craft beer enterprise from a Fortune 500 company. Additionally, in 2019, he represented a seller in the sale of its metal plating business to a publicly traded Dutch manufacturer.
Prior to joining Ginsberg Jacobs, Matthew practiced at Baker McKenzie LLP, advising clients in the implementation of global asset purchases, private equity, internal reorganizations, bankruptcy, and general corporate governance. He has also practiced at firms serving middle-market clients in the areas of family business succession planning, new entity formation and structuring, employment matters, regulatory issues, and shareholder disputes.
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Commercial Finance
- Private Equity & Joint Ventures
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2008
- Indiana University- Bloomington, B.A., History and English, 2002
- Illinois State Bar Association
- “Finding the Income in Income Tax: A Look at Murphy v. IRS and an Attempt to Pick up Pieces of Glenshaw Glass,” 83 Ind. L.J. 1695 (Spring 2008)