Commercial leases are often the bedrock of a business relationship. At Ginsberg Jacobs, we understand the importance of leasing to our clients and the necessity of establishing a strong foundation for these relationships, which includes a reasonable balance of economic impact and risk for all parties.
Our leasing attorneys work across the country, spanning all major real estate markets as well as the urban and rural areas in between those markets. We regularly represent both institutional and entrepreneurial clients in all types of commercial leasing transactions. We offer a high level of sophistication and extensive experience to both landlord and tenant clients, with a particular focus on retail, industrial, telecom, self-storage, and office leasing. We help our clients cross the finish line while being mindful of their bottom line.
- Negotiating leases, subleases, and assignments of leases on behalf of landlords and tenants in connection with all types of commercial real estate properties
- Negotiating assignments of leases in connection with the sale of assets
- Reviewing and negotiating Letters of Credit, Guarantees, Escrow Agreements, Workletters, and Construction Contracts relating to landlord and tenant improvements
- Reviewing and negotiating Restrictive Covenants/REA’s/CCR’s, Estoppel Certificates, and Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements among the landlord’s lender, the landlord, and the tenant
- Negotiating lease termination agreements on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Handling lease disputes, including claims related to repair and maintenance, water intrusion, environmental issues, casualty, eminent domain, failure to operate, failure to pay rent, tenant and subtenant bankruptcies, and landlord receiverships
- Navigating rent relief in connection with unforeseen circumstances, such as the COVID-19 pandemic
- Negotiating various types of sale-leaseback transactions
- Drafting and negotiating letters of intent/term sheets
- Helping clients understand and manage opportunities associated with environmentally sustainable property operations