Construction & Development
Successful construction projects require careful planning and coordination among many stakeholders. Ginsberg Jacobs brings the experience and multidisciplinary legal skills necessary to tackle the most complex construction and development projects.
Our attorneys have decades of experience representing owners, developers, lenders, contractors, and other professionals in all areas of construction law, on both public and private projects. We serve as trusted advisors to our clients and aggressively negotiate construction, design, and related agreements to protect our clients’ interests. Our attorneys have played key roles in flagship development and redevelopment projects both in the City of Chicago and nationally.
When project and construction disputes do arise, our lawyers are ideally suited to navigate them and come up with effective solutions. We have extensive experience handling construction litigation disputes, including construction defect claims, force majeure and claims for delay, mechanic’s liens and insurance disputes. We are adept at protecting our clients’ interests, whether in litigation or through mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Preparing and Negotiating Construction and Design Contracts
- Project Entity Structuring
- Project Entitlements
- Risk and Insurance Review
- Project and Construction Finance
- Construction Litigation and Disputes
- Project and Construction Financing Matters
- Insurance Procurement and Coverage Assessment
- Organizational and Tax Structuring
- Bidding and Procurement Questions
- Obtaining Municipal Entitlements
- Negotiating Development Agreements
- Tax Increment Financing
- Structuring Development Ventures