Steven “Sonny” F. Ginsberg has thirty years of experience in real estate and finance law, assisting clients from both the lending and development side. He works with financial institutions and national funds to develop lending forms and guidelines, and has vast knowledge in structuring complex debt and equity vehicles. Sonny also assists owner and operator clients in the acquisition, zoning, development, leasing and financing of commercial real estate, with a particular emphasis in hospitality and telecommunications. Additionally, Sonny speaks regularly at local and national real estate and finance conferences.
Sonny began his career at Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal and was formerly a partner at Katten Muchin Zavis, and Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC.
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Commercial Finance
- Private Equity & Joint Ventures
- Workouts & Restructurings
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1991
- Cornell University, B.A., 1987
- Illinois JDRF — Board of Directors
- Oak Park Residence Corporation – Board of Directors, (2007-2011)
- Named as a Leading Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Network
- Quoted extensively in Chicago Tribune, Chicago Crain’s and Bisnow as an expert on a range of real estate transactions.
- Panelist at “Prep for Success” Youth Basketball Clinic for the National Basketball Retired Players Association, 2015
- Panelist at IMN’s Real Estate & Bank General Counsel Forum, 2015
- Panelist & Moderator at Marcus & Millichap Multifamily Forum, 2014
- Panelist at IMN’s Real Estate & Bank General Counsel Forum, 2014
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Board Member